This year marks the 70th anniversary of the National Health Service (NHS) as it celebrates its birthday on July 5 1948. In the seven decades since it was founded hundreds of millions of people have benefited from its services.
Wiltshire CCG wants to mark the occasion by sharing local people’s memories and reminiscences of the NHS – either because they have worked for the service, or have received NHS treatment over the last 70 years. In particular, the CCG is keen to hear from anyone who was born on 5th July 1948 and shares the same birthday as the NHS.
Dr Richard Sandford-Hill, Chair of Wiltshire Clinical Commissioning Group said, “We’re welcoming stories and photographs from patients, staff, volunteers – anyone who has a memory to share and a story to tell”.
People can share their memories and photos by emailing the Communications Team on NHS70.firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Communications, Wiltshire CCG, Southgate House, Pans Lane, Devizes, Wiltshire, SN10 5EQ. If you are sending any original photographs and would like them returned, please include your name and contact address.
Founded on the principle of free high quality health care for all, the NHS has evolved to meet our changing needs through new treatments, pioneering surgeries and technical innovations – helping us live longer and better lives.
None of this would be possible without the skill, dedication and compassion of NHS staff, as well as the many volunteers, charities and communities that support us and work tirelessly to provide care and support for everyone.
Please get in touch if:
- You share the same birthday as the NHS – were you one of the first babies to be born on 5 July 1948 in the NHS?
- You have recollections of working for the local NHS in Wiltshire (past and present) during the last 70 years
- You have received treatment or care from the NHS in Wiltshire and would like to share your story
- You can share any memories of our hospitals in Wiltshire, particularly if you have any old photographs of our hospitals (past and present) or the staff who worked in them
- We are especially interested in any memories and photographs from 1948, the year the NHS was founded – and to hear from those who were born in 1948.