Tidworth Leisure Centre are running a six week bowls trial for the Over 55’s, courtesy of the Bowls Development Alliance, starting Monday 9 May 2016. This will run every Monday 1330-1430 on the following dates:
Monday 9 May
Monday 16 May
Monday 23 May
Monday 6 June
Monday 13 June
Monday 20 June
There are 12 places available per session.
Paula from the Tidworth Leisure Centre café has given us an exclusive offer on Tea & Cake, so that customers can relax after bowls, before heading to the popular 50 Plus Swim, from 1500-1600.
And don’t forget that from the 2nd May you will be able to sign up to start the Big Pledge, Road to Rio Challenge, (www.wiltshire.gov.uk/bigpledge) which aims to improve our communities health and wellbeing.. Sign up as either an individual or a team and undertake a virtual journey around the world stopping in previous Olympic host cities on your way to this year’s Olympic and Paralympics in Rio de Janeiro.
This year’s challenges:
- Road to Rio challenge (teams only)
- Running challenge (individuals)
- Cycling challenge (individuals)
- Swimming challenge (individuals)
- Walking challenge (individuals) *
- Junior sports challenge (individuals) *
- Ultimate sports challenge (individuals and teams) *
* The first 1000 people to register for one of these challenges will receive a free pedometer.